On Wednesday, a day after he announced his resignation as the chief minister of the NDA alliance government and declared his intention to establish a new coalition government with the RJD, the Congress, and other parties, Nitish Kumar took the oath as the eighth chief minister of Bihar. Tejashwi Yadav, the head of the RJD, took the deputy chief minister oath. According to sources, the cabinet enlargement will happen after August 15. Only the chief minister and the deputy chief minister took the oaths, keeping the ceremony understated. Manoj Kumar Jha of the RJD claimed that the ceremony of swearing-in included everyone of Bihar, not simply the two participants.
Here are the most recent political developments in Bihar:
- On Wednesday, Nitish Kumar gave Lalu Prasad Yadav a call and filled him in on all the state's political happenings.
- Former JD(U) leader and political analyst Prashant Kishor claimed Nitish Kumar disbanded the coalition because he did not feel at ease with the BJP during his most recent tenure, which lasted from 2017 to 2022.
- RJD wants to fill high-paying positions in the government and as Assembly speaker because it is the largest party.
- On Wednesday, BJP MP Ravi Shankar Prasad questioned Nitish Kumar on whether his position regarding the Congress had changed.
- Nitish Kumar has served as a leader outside the Congress. His political philosophy centres on non-Congressism. Is that all done now? Make a deal with non-Congressism and corruption! Nitish Kumar supported Congressism and corruption. Congratulations.