Image description

At the early hours of this morning, a fire broke out in a two-story structure in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.

Seven individuals were killed in the fire, including two women, and nine people have been rescued so far, five of whom have been hospitalised, according to authorities.

The fire was started by a short circuit in the main electric supply system in the basement, and seven people died. Five people are still hospitalised.

The fire broke out in the basement of the building in Indore's Swarn Bagh colony at around 3.10 a.m. this morning due to a short circuit in the main electric supply system. The fire then spread to nearby two-wheelers and automobiles, quickly consuming the entire structure.

Ansar Patel, the building's owner, has been arrested and a case has been filed against him for causing death by negligence because no fire safety equipment was placed in the building, which had one flat on each story.

Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, expressed his sympathies.

"I beg to God to grant the fallen souls a place at his feet, to offer strength to the family members to suffer this great loss, and to grant rapid recovery to the injured," the Chief Minister tweeted.